Substitute Pumpkin Spice with Chai Spice for an Extra Special Pumpkin Pie!
This past weekend was Canadian Thanksgiving and while we had a mellow day at home with the twins, we decided to cook up a chicken, with potatoes, squash and rosemary, thyme, parsley and sage from the garden.
And of course, pumpkin pie! This pie is incredibly simple to make, richly spiced using a blend of our Original Chai Blend spices (with some added allspice), and has a lovely texture and an indulgent old school graham cracker crust. We topped ours with sweetened coconut cream.
To Make a Shanti Chai Pumpkin Pie at Home You Will Need:
Ingredients for Crust: 1.5 cups graham crumbs, 1/4 cup melted butter
Ingredients for Filling: 1 can pumpkin purée, 1 can evaporated milk, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, 2-3 teaspoons ground chai spices (we used our Original Chai Blend and added a bit of allspice), 1 tsp vanilla and a pinch of salt.
Topping: whipped coconut milk or whipped cream and leftover ground chai spices
- Make crust: combine graham crumbs and butter and press into pie pan. Bake for 5-10 min at 300.
- Combine filling: beat eggs and then combine all filling ingredients, mix gently.
- Pour filling into pie crust. Bake at 350 for 35-40 min.
- Cool and top with whipped cream or coconut cream and dust with remaining ground chai spices
- Enjoy with a cup of spiked chai!
Easy as Pie!